Dudh Kunda trekking
Dudh kunda trekking is popular trekking trail in Solu Khumbu region though less high then the neighboring in Khumbu Himal range. Dudh Kunda Lake(milky lake) is situated at the foot of Number Himal, locally known as Shorong Yul Lha, "Protector of Solu region.Dudh Kunda (which literally means milky lake) is believed to be a holy lake and the locals believe that taking a dip in the holy waters will have the wishes granted also where you will enjoy and see panoramic Himalayan views of Everest, Number, and Everest Himalaya range etc also Green forest with Rhodendrendon flowers, pine tree + wild annimals /birds such as Moutain Thars,Bears, Leopard, Jackle, pheasant, and Milky lake.
Dudh Kunda trekking trail taking you through dense forests of rhododendron and a variety of wildlife. The hospitality of the locals is one of the most heart warming experiences of the solu area with depth experience of Himalaya journey trekking team professionals.
Dudh Kunda trek beings at Jiri after 7-8 hours drive from Kathmandu. Dudh Kunda trekking trail follow Jiri Everest base camp trekking trail till Junbesi then trail continue ascend with beautiful valley of Thupten Choling Gompa Yak kharka then finally reach at Dhuh Kunda lake. Dudh kunda lake is holy lake in Everest trekking region. Normally three weeks holidays required trekking in Dudh Kunda but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange personalized trekking service as per trekkers wish and holiday frame. Autumn & spring season is best time for Everest Dudh kunda lake trekking. Trekkers may extend trekking to Everest base camp too. Dudh kunda lake trekking is marvelous trekking destination in Everest region. .
Dudh Kunda trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Dudh Kunda trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast , Drive to Jiri by bus,overnight at tented camp
Day 03: After breakfast,Jiri trek to Shivalaya,overnight at tented camp
Day 04: After breakfast,Shivalaya trek to Goli School ,overnight at tented camp
Day 05: After breakfast,Goli School trek to Goli Gompa ,overnight at tented camp
Day 06: After breakfast,Goli Gompa trek to Pike Peak 4167m,overnight at tented camp
Day 07: After breakfast,Pike Peak trek to Junbensi,overnight at tented camp
Day 08: After breakfast,Junbensi trek to Thupten Cholling Gompa ,overnight at tented camp
Day 09: After breakfast,Thupten Cholling Gompa trek to Yak Kharka,overnight at tented camp
Day 10: After breakfast,Yak Kharka trek to Dudh Kunda ,overnight at tented camp
Day 11: After breakfast,Dudh Kunda trek to Kharka ,overnight at tented camp
Day 12: After breakfast,Kharka trek to Kalala Danda ,overnight at tented camp
Day 13: After breakfast,Kalala Danda trek to Khama ,overnight at tented camp
Day 14: After breakfast,Khama trek to Thudung Bhanjyang ,overnight at tented camp
Day 15: After breakfast,Thudung Bhanjyang trek to Jiri ,overnight at tented camp
Day 16: After breakfast ,Jiri drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 17: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 18: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you time and interested for another package trip , we will arrange accordingly such as Mt. Everest mountain flight tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, River rafting etc.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 280)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Dudh kunda trekking is popular trekking trail in Solu Khumbu region though less high then the neighboring in Khumbu Himal range. Dudh Kunda Lake(milky lake) is situated at the foot of Number Himal, locally known as Shorong Yul Lha, "Protector of Solu region.